Daniel Allen is an international arbitration specialist, recognized for his leadership in the Japanese market by Chambers and Partners, Who’s Who Legal, and The Legal 500. He is an experienced advocate, and has represented both companies and States in all types of disputes, including international commercial arbitrations, investor-State disputes, and construction matters. He has represented clients in arbitrations under the ICSID, UNCITRAL, ICC, SIAC, and JCAA rules, among others. In addition to his work as counsel, he accepts appointments as arbitrator, and is a member of the JCAA Panel of Arbitrators.
- Disputes/Dispute Resolution
- Top Rankings Received from Chambers Global 2022
- Top Rankings Received from The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022
- Top Rankings Received from Chambers Asia-Pacific 2022
- Profile of Daniel Allen (with comments from Mugi Sekido) featured in an Global Arbitration Review article entitled "Japanese firm names first foreign disputes partner" published on April 29, 2021
- Firm News
- Daniel Allen becomes partner of the firm
- Article on Daniel Allen's admission to our firm published in the Global Arbitration Review
- Sep. 12, 2019External Seminars
- "6TH ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL ARBITRATION, REGULATORY & COMPETITION LAW GLOBAL SUMMIT"
- Aug. 19, 2019External Seminars
- Kobe SALAD 2019"Kobe University Summer School of Asian Law and Dispute Management"
- Jun. 4, 2019External Seminars
- 『YSIAC-YJAA Tokyo Workshop 2019』
- "The Third Party Litigation Funding Law Review 5th Edition - Japan Chapter"
- "The International Comparative Legal Guide - Investor-State Arbitration 2022 - Japan Chapter"
- "The Third Party Litigation Funding Law - Japan Chapter"
- Sarah Lawrence College (B.A., 2006)
- Stanford Law School (J.D., 2010)
- Sojitz Corporation of America (2010-2011)
- with Cravath, Swaine & Moore (New York, 2011-2013)
- with Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (Tokyo, 2013-2019)
admitted in New York, 2012
admitted as a registered foreign lawyer, 2020
Daini Tokyo Bar Association