Yusuke Takamiya provides a wide range of legal advice on competition laws such as merger controls, cartel/leniency matters, unilateral conducts and unfair trade practices. Mr. Takamiya also has significant expertise on cases which require multilateral responses (e.g. EU, US and China). Mr. Takamiya serves as a member of leadership of the ABA SAL, and with his broad backgrounds, he focuses and provides advice on emerging issues such as big data and algorithmic cartel.
- Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property
- Regulatory/Regulated Transactions
Health Care, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Sciences
- The Best Lawyers in Japan™ and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Japan™ (2024 edition)
- Top Rankings Received in The Nikkei's "Corporate Legal Tax Affairs and Lawyer Survey 2022"
- Top Rankings Received from Chambers Asia-Pacific 2023
- Interview of Yusuke Takamiya was published in the Asia Law Portal in an article titled "Exploring cutting edge legal issues from Japan to the world"
- Public Service
- Yusuke Takamiya became a member of the Study Group on Guidelines for Activities by Business Operators to Achieve a Green Society, Japan Fair Trade Commission
- Public Service
- Yusuke Takamiya invited as an expert to the Research Commission on Market Competitiveness Policy organized by the Policy Research Council of the Liberal Democratic Party of Japan, where he gave a lecture
- Dec. 8, 2023External Seminars
- "Intellectual Property & Antitrust: A Regional Perspective and Enforcement Update"
- Oct. 18, 2023External Seminars
- "ICN Annual Conference 2023 Barcelona Breakout Sessions Round 1 'Sustainability and Competition Policy' "
- Sep. 15, 2023External Seminars
- "Competition Law and Policy Trends in Japan’s Digital Economy"
- Magazine Article
- "Latest WTO and Member Countries Case Law Analysis in Trade Remedies No. 98: [Japan] Calculation of Normal Value of Products Originating in China in Anti-Dumping Investigations and Related Issues Such as Measures to be Taken When the Scope of Products Subject to Investigation Expands - Anti-Dumping Investigation of Hot-dipped Galvanized Steel Wire Originating in the People’s Republic of China and the Republic of Korea -"
- "The Intellectual Property and Antitrust Review 8th Edition - Japan Chapter"
- Magazine Article
- "Characteristics of the Green Guidelines and Considerations from a Practical Perspective"
Yusuke Takamiya：Research Reports
- Contributed to a research report (on recent trends in competition environment and competition policies, etc.) sponsored by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (a research project related to economic and industrial policy and the fourth industrial revolution) (managed by Mitsubishi Research Institute, Inc.) (March 2021)
Report for the 2021 Industrial Economy Research Project (Research for Summary of Issues Concerning Realization of a Green Society and Competition Policy) (2022)
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B., 2005)
- The University of Tokyo, School of Law (J.D., 2007)
- New York University, School of Law (LL.M., 2016)
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, Washington D.C. (2016-2017)
- King's College London (PG Diploma in EU Competition Law) (2017)
- U.S. Federal Trade Commission (2017)
- Doctoral Program of Department of Law and Politics, Graduate School of Law, Kobe University (Ph.D., 2023)
- Member of Japan Competition Law Forum (2011-)
- Researcher, Research Study Commissioned by the Ministry of Justice (Commissioned Party: Shojihomu Co., Ltd.): Research Study on Trends in Judicial Precedents Regarding New Types of Agreements (2010-2011)
- Member of EU Competition Law Workshop (2013-)
- Member of the committee of experts relating to the operation of Tokyo emissions trading (2014-2015)
- Research Assistant of International Competition Law to Professor Eleanor M. Fox at the New York University, School of Law (2015-2016)
- Non-U.S. Young Lawyer Representative, International Committee, Section of Antitrust Law, American Bar Association (2017-2018)
- Visiting Researcher at Competition Policy Research Center, Japan Fair Trade Commission(2017-2019)
- Observer for "Council on Utilization of Beaches for Tourism Resources," Japan Tourism Agency (2018-2019)
- Young Lawyer Representative of the International Task Force, American Bar Association Section of Antitrust Law (2018-2019)
- Member of "Globalization, Innovation, and Competition Policy Project," Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (2018-)
- Member of Study Group on Competition Policy for Achieving a Green Society, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (2022-)
- Member of the Study Group on Guidelines for Activities by Business Operators to Achieve a Green Society, Japan Fair Trade Commission (2022-)
- Competition/Antitrust Practice Group
- Tourism Practice Group
- International Trade Practice Group
- Healthcare Practice Group
admitted in Japan, 2008; New York, 2017
Daini-Tokyo Bar Association
New York State Bar Association