Yusuke Takamiya provides a wide range of legal advice on competition laws such as merger controls, cartel/leniency matters, unilateral conducts and unfair trade practices. Mr. Takamiya also has significant expertise on cases which require multilateral responses (e.g. EU, US and China). Mr. Takamiya serves as a member of leadership of the ABA SAL, and with his broad backgrounds, he focuses and provides advice on emerging issues such as big data and algorithmic cartel.
- International Practice
- Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property
- Regulatory/Regulated Transactions
- High evaluation received from " Who′s Who Legal: Japan 2020"
- Antitrust and Competition Partner Yusuke Takamiya is listed in "40 under 40" for 2020 published by GCR (Global Competition Review) as the only Japanese winner
- High evaluation received from " Who’s Who Legal: Japan 2019"
- Firm News
- Eleven new partners and twelve new counsels
- Comments by Yusuke Takamiya, attorney-at-law, were featured in an Global Competition Review (GCR) article titled "Japan revises merger notification guidance for digital economy" published on October 8, 2019
- Public Service
- Yusuke Takamiya became the member of "Globalization, Innovation, and Competition Policy Project," Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
- Apr. 28, 2020External Seminars
- "Information Sharing: Boundary between Explicit and Tacit Collusion (APAC)"
- Feb. 26, 2020External Seminars
- "Information Sharing: Boundary between Explicit and Tacit Collusion"
- Nov. 21, 2018External Seminars
- "Joint seminar of the French National Bar Council & Inter-Pacific Bar Association 100 Lawyers in Japan"
- Book Article
- "Legal Affairs for Platform Businesses"
- "Doing Business in Asia Pacific - Japan Chapter"
- Magazine Article
- "Corporate Legal Affairs: Key Rules for Digital Platform Operators under the Digital Platform Transparency Bill and Anti-Monopoly Act"
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B., 2005)
- The University of Tokyo, School of Law (J.D., 2007)
- New York University, School of Law (LL.M., 2016)
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, Washington D.C. (2016-2017)
- King's College London (PG Diploma in EU Competition Law) (2017)
- U.S. Federal Trade Commission (2017)
- Member of Japan Competition Law Forum (2011-)
- Researcher, Research Study Commissioned by the Ministry of Justice (Commissioned Party: Shojihomu Co., Ltd.): Research Study on Trends in Judicial Precedents Regarding New Types of Agreements (2010-2011)
- Member of EU Competition Law Workshop (2013-)
- Member of the committee of experts relating to the operation of Tokyo emissions trading (2014-2015)
- Research Assistant of International Competition Law to Professor Eleanor M. Fox at the New York University, School of Law (2015-2016)
- Non-U.S. Young Lawyer Representative, International Committee, Section of Antitrust Law, American Bar Association (2017-)
- Visiting Researcher at Competition Policy Research Center, Japan Fair Trade Commission(2017-)
- Observer for "Council on Utilization of Beaches for Tourism Resources," Japan Tourism Agency (2018-)
- Young Lawyer Representative of the International Task Force, American Bar Association Section of Antitrust Law (2018-)
- Member of "Globalization, Innovation, and Competition Policy Project," Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (2018-)
- Competition/Antitrust Practice Group
- Tourism Practice Group
- International Trade Practice Group
- Healthcare Practice Group
- Financial Regulations/Financial Law Study Group
admitted in Japan, 2008; New York, 2017
Daini-Tokyo Bar Association
New York State Bar Association