Yusuke Takamiya provides a wide range of legal advice on competition laws such as merger controls, cartel/leniency matters, unilateral conducts and unfair trade practices. Mr. Takamiya also has significant expertise on cases which require multilateral responses (e.g. EU, US and China). Mr. Takamiya serves as a member of leadership of the ABA SAL, and with his broad backgrounds, he focuses and provides advice on emerging issues such as big data and algorithmic cartel.
- International Practice
- Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property
- Regulatory/Regulated Transactions
Health Care, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Sciences
- Lawyers from Mori Hamada & Matsumoto were included in the 12th edition of The Best Lawyers™ in Japan
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers Asia-Pacific 2021
- High Evaluation Received From FINANCIER WORLDWIDE
- Comments by Yusuke Takamiya, attorney-at-law, were featured in an MLex article titled "Japan explores new antitrust rules despite implementation of new digital law" published on March 10, 2021
- Comments by Yusuke Takamiya were featured in a Global Competition Review (GCR) article titled "JFTC upholds cardboard cartel decisions" published on February 15, 2021
- Public Service
- Firm became the External Counsel of Advisory Centre on WTO Law （Geneva, Switzerland）
- Jan. 22, 2021 - Mar. 23, 2021External Seminars
- "Legal Affairs for Digital Platform Businesses"
- Apr. 28, 2020External Seminars
- "Information Sharing: Boundary between Explicit and Tacit Collusion (APAC)"
- Feb. 26, 2020External Seminars
- "Information Sharing: Boundary between Explicit and Tacit Collusion"
- "The Spread of COVID-19 and Impacts on Antitrust and Competition Law Practices (Part 2)"
- Magazine Article
- "The Collaboration and Interplay of the Intellectual Property and Antimonopoly Acts in Japan in relation to Parallel Importation"
- Magazine Article
- "Revision of the Merger Remedies Manual Released by the U.S. Department of Justice"
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B., 2005)
- The University of Tokyo, School of Law (J.D., 2007)
- New York University, School of Law (LL.M., 2016)
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, Washington D.C. (2016-2017)
- King's College London (PG Diploma in EU Competition Law) (2017)
- U.S. Federal Trade Commission (2017)
- Member of Japan Competition Law Forum (2011-)
- Researcher, Research Study Commissioned by the Ministry of Justice (Commissioned Party: Shojihomu Co., Ltd.): Research Study on Trends in Judicial Precedents Regarding New Types of Agreements (2010-2011)
- Member of EU Competition Law Workshop (2013-)
- Member of the committee of experts relating to the operation of Tokyo emissions trading (2014-2015)
- Research Assistant of International Competition Law to Professor Eleanor M. Fox at the New York University, School of Law (2015-2016)
- Non-U.S. Young Lawyer Representative, International Committee, Section of Antitrust Law, American Bar Association (2017-2018)
- Visiting Researcher at Competition Policy Research Center, Japan Fair Trade Commission(2017-2019)
- Observer for "Council on Utilization of Beaches for Tourism Resources," Japan Tourism Agency (2018-2019)
- Young Lawyer Representative of the International Task Force, American Bar Association Section of Antitrust Law (2018-2019)
- Member of "Globalization, Innovation, and Competition Policy Project," Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (2018-)
- Competition/Antitrust Practice Group
- Tourism Practice Group
- International Trade Practice Group
- Healthcare Practice Group
admitted in Japan, 2008; New York, 2017
Daini-Tokyo Bar Association
New York State Bar Association