Yusuke Takamiya provides a wide range of legal advice on competition laws such as merger controls, cartel/leniency matters, unilateral conducts and unfair trade practices. Mr. Takamiya also has significant expertise on cases which require multilateral responses (e.g. EU, US and China). Mr. Takamiya serves as a member of leadership of the ABA SAL, and with his broad backgrounds, he focuses and provides advice on emerging issues such as big data and algorithmic cartel.
- Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property
- Regulatory/Regulated Transactions
Health Care, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Sciences
- Lawyers from Mori Hamada & Matsumoto were included in the 13th edition of The Best Lawyers in Japan™ and the inaugural Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Japan™
- Firm receives award at IFLR Asia-Pacific Awards 2022
- Top Rankings Received from Chambers Asia-Pacific 2022
- Public Service
- Yusuke Takamiya invited as an expert to the Research Commission on Market Competitiveness Policy organized by the Policy Research Council of the Liberal Democratic Party of Japan, where he gave a lecture
- Public Service
- Yusuke Takamiya became a member of Study Group on Competition Policy for Achieving a Green Society, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
- Comments by Yusuke Takamiya were published on page 2 of the Nikkei in an article titled "Will SDGs be Exempted From the Application of Cartel Regulations? The Netherlands Releases Draft Guidelines on Application of Antimonopoly Law"
- Sep. 15, 2021External Seminars
- "Best Friends Competition Academy, "Revising the Assessment of Anti-Competitive Agreements in the Growing Digital Landscape""
- Apr. 22, 2021External Seminars
- "Recent International Developments in Health Care and Pharmaceuticals"
- Jan. 22, 2021 - Mar. 23, 2021External Seminars
- "Legal Affairs for Digital Platform Businesses"
- Magazine Article
- "Application of Antitrust and Competition Laws to Business Activities, Taking Into Account Perspectives on Sustainability"
- "Japanese Anti-monopoly Act- Annotated 2nd Edition"
- "Mondaq Dominance Comparative Guide - Japan Chapter"
Yusuke Takamiya：Research Reports
Contributed to a research report (on recent trends in competition environment and competition policies, etc.) sponsored by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (a research project related to economic and industrial policy and the fourth industrial revolution) (managed by Mitsubishi Research Institute, Inc.) (March 2021)
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B., 2005)
- The University of Tokyo, School of Law (J.D., 2007)
- New York University, School of Law (LL.M., 2016)
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, Washington D.C. (2016-2017)
- King's College London (PG Diploma in EU Competition Law) (2017)
- U.S. Federal Trade Commission (2017)
- Member of Japan Competition Law Forum (2011-)
- Researcher, Research Study Commissioned by the Ministry of Justice (Commissioned Party: Shojihomu Co., Ltd.): Research Study on Trends in Judicial Precedents Regarding New Types of Agreements (2010-2011)
- Member of EU Competition Law Workshop (2013-)
- Member of the committee of experts relating to the operation of Tokyo emissions trading (2014-2015)
- Research Assistant of International Competition Law to Professor Eleanor M. Fox at the New York University, School of Law (2015-2016)
- Non-U.S. Young Lawyer Representative, International Committee, Section of Antitrust Law, American Bar Association (2017-2018)
- Visiting Researcher at Competition Policy Research Center, Japan Fair Trade Commission(2017-2019)
- Observer for "Council on Utilization of Beaches for Tourism Resources," Japan Tourism Agency (2018-2019)
- Young Lawyer Representative of the International Task Force, American Bar Association Section of Antitrust Law (2018-2019)
- Member of "Globalization, Innovation, and Competition Policy Project," Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (2018-)
- Member of Study Group on Competition Policy for Achieving a Green Society, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (2022-)
- Competition/Antitrust Practice Group
- Tourism Practice Group
- International Trade Practice Group
- Healthcare Practice Group
admitted in Japan, 2008; New York, 2017
Daini-Tokyo Bar Association
New York State Bar Association