Yusuke Takamiya provides a wide range of legal advice on competition laws such as merger controls, cartel/leniency matters, unilateral conducts and unfair trade practices. Mr. Takamiya also has significant expertise on cases which require multilateral responses (e.g. EU, US and China). Mr. Takamiya serves as a member of leadership of the ABA SAL, and with his broad backgrounds, he focuses and provides advice on emerging issues such as big data and algorithmic cartel.
- Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property
- Regulatory/Regulated Transactions
Health Care, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Sciences
- High evaluation received from "Who’s Who Legal: Japan 2021"
- Top rankings received from " Who’s Who Legal: Competition 2021"
- Lawyers from Mori Hamada & Matsumoto were included in the 12th edition of The Best Lawyers™ in Japan
- Comments by Yusuke Takamiya were published on page 16 of the Nikkei in an article titled "EU Competition Policy Enters New Territory: Exposure of 'Technical Cartels' Shocks Companies"
- Public Service
- The firm’s lawyers contributed to a recently released research report (on recent trends in competition environment and competition policies, etc.) sponsored by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
- Comments by Yusuke Takamiya, attorney-at-law, were featured in an MLex article titled "Japan explores new antitrust rules despite implementation of new digital law" published on March 10, 2021
- Apr. 22, 2021External Seminars
- "Recent International Developments in Health Care and Pharmaceuticals"
- Jan. 22, 2021 - Mar. 23, 2021External Seminars
- "Legal Affairs for Digital Platform Businesses"
- Apr. 28, 2020External Seminars
- "Information Sharing: Boundary between Explicit and Tacit Collusion (APAC)"
- Magazine Article
- "Sustainability Initiatives and Antitrust and Competition Laws - Implications for Corporate Business Activities based on Trends in Foreign Countries and Japan"
- "The International Comparative Legal Guide - Vertical Agreements and Dominant Firms 2021 - Japan Chapter"
- "Getting the Deal Through - Sanctions 2021 - Japan Chapter"
Yusuke Takamiya：Research Reports
Contributed to a research report (on recent trends in competition environment and competition policies, etc.) sponsored by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (a research project related to economic and industrial policy and the fourth industrial revolution) (managed by Mitsubishi Research Institute, Inc.) (March 2021)
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B., 2005)
- The University of Tokyo, School of Law (J.D., 2007)
- New York University, School of Law (LL.M., 2016)
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, Washington D.C. (2016-2017)
- King's College London (PG Diploma in EU Competition Law) (2017)
- U.S. Federal Trade Commission (2017)
- Member of Japan Competition Law Forum (2011-)
- Researcher, Research Study Commissioned by the Ministry of Justice (Commissioned Party: Shojihomu Co., Ltd.): Research Study on Trends in Judicial Precedents Regarding New Types of Agreements (2010-2011)
- Member of EU Competition Law Workshop (2013-)
- Member of the committee of experts relating to the operation of Tokyo emissions trading (2014-2015)
- Research Assistant of International Competition Law to Professor Eleanor M. Fox at the New York University, School of Law (2015-2016)
- Non-U.S. Young Lawyer Representative, International Committee, Section of Antitrust Law, American Bar Association (2017-2018)
- Visiting Researcher at Competition Policy Research Center, Japan Fair Trade Commission(2017-2019)
- Observer for "Council on Utilization of Beaches for Tourism Resources," Japan Tourism Agency (2018-2019)
- Young Lawyer Representative of the International Task Force, American Bar Association Section of Antitrust Law (2018-2019)
- Member of "Globalization, Innovation, and Competition Policy Project," Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (2018-)
- Competition/Antitrust Practice Group
- Tourism Practice Group
- International Trade Practice Group
- Healthcare Practice Group
admitted in Japan, 2008; New York, 2017
Daini-Tokyo Bar Association
New York State Bar Association