Julian Barendse is an international corporate lawyer with significant experience advising on cross-border M&A transactions and projects throughout the Asian region and Australia, including in the oil and gas, energy, renewable power, logistics, infrastructure, tech, and food and beverage sectors.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- International Practice
- "The Legal 500 Country Comparative Guides: Mergers & Acquisitions - Myanmar Chapter"
- "Getting the Deal Through - Real Estate 2021 - Myanmar Chapter"
- M&A Counsel, Allens Linklaters (Melbourne, Tokyo) (2007-2020)
- seconded to Mitsui & Co, Ltd., Australia (2010)
- seconded to Nagashima Ohno & Tsunematsu (2012-2014)
- seconded to Mitsui & Co, Ltd. (2014-2016)
- Guest Lecturer, Governance Institute of Australia (Applied corporate law)
- United States Department of State, Young Leaders Program (2008)
- Australia Japan Business Co-Operation Committee (Future Leaders group)(2016-2019)
Admitted in Australia, 2008
Admitted in Japan (Gaikokuho Jimu Bengoshi), 2012-2014