- Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property
- Disputes/Dispute Resolution
- Regulatory/Regulated Transactions
- 35 lawyers were selected as leading lawyers in asialaw Profiles "asia law Leading Lawyers 2021"
- Top rankings received from "IAM Patent 1000 - The World's Leading Patent Professionals 2020"
- Lawyers from Mori Hamada & Matsumoto were included in the 11th edition of The Best Lawyers™ in Japan
- Comments by Atsushi Okada were featured in a OneTrust DataGuidance article titled "Japan: Parliament passes bill to amend APPI" published on June 5, 2020
- Comments by Atsushi Okada were featured in an OneTrust DataGuidance article titled "Japan: APPI revision includes "strengthening regulations of cross-border data transfers"" published on December 5, 2019
- Public Service
- Atsushi Okada became the member of Advisory Committee on Data Utilization, Recruit Co., Ltd.
Atsushi Okada：Legal Topics
- Sep. 10, 2020External Seminars
- "Dispute Settlement in the Digital Economy"
- Sep. 8, 2020External Seminars
- "Digital Health and Law"
- Aug. 20, 2020External Seminars
- "Japanese Privacy Laws: What is the Impact of the New Amendments?"
- Book Article
- "Legal Affairs for Platform Businesses"
- Magazine Article
- "Robotics Legal Consultation (63): Regulatory Trends in Telehealth and Online Prescription"
- Magazine Article
- "The impact of the CJEU’s decision on 'Schrems II'"
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B., 2001)
- Harvard Law School (LL.M., 2007)
- with Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP, Silicon Valley (2007-2008)
- Harvard University (Certificate in Applied Sciences 2008)
- Lecturer at Rikkyo University, College of Law and Politics (Patent and Trademark Laws) (2010-2011)
- Visiting Professor of the Graduate School of Business, Aoyama University (Copyright Law) (2011-)
- Advisor for Damage from Counterfeit Products, Japan Institute for Promoting Invention and Innovation (2012)
- Lecturer for the Infringement Litigation Training Program for Patent Attorneys at the Japan Patent Attorneys Association (2015-)
- Member of Study Group on AI and Data Contract Guidelines, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (concurrently serving as the chair of a working group for the study group) （2017-）
- Member of Examination Committee on Subsidy to Promote Industrial Data Sharing for FY 2017, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (2018)
- Expert Member of Study Group on Data Contract Guidelines in Agricultural Sector, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries（2018-）
- Member of Japan Patent Attorneys Association's "Working Group for Reviewing Training Curriculums in Response to Revisions to the Patent Attorney Act" (2018-)
- Senior Researcher at Policy Alternatives Research Institute, the University of Tokyo (2018-)
- Member of Examination Committee on Contract Guidelines for the Project to Accelerate Cooperation in the Global Venture Ecosystem (Startup Factory Establishment Project) (2018-)
- Lecturer for Mandatory Training at the Japan Patent Attorneys Association (Amended Unfair Competition Prevention Act and Data-Related Business) (2019-)
- Technical Committee Member, New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO) (2019-)
- Member of Study Group on Global Data & AI utilization System and Management, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI) (2019-)
- Member of the "Review Meeting for Smart City Architecture," Cabinet Office (2019-)
- Advisory Member of Connected Industries Open Framework Promotion Committee, Industrial Value Chain Initiative (2019-)
- Senior Researcher at Institute for Future Initiatives, the University of Tokyo (2019-)
- Member of Study Group on Data Utilization for Increasing the Sophistication of Trading Operations, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (2019-)
- Advisor to Japan DPO Association (2019-)
- Member of Advisory Committee on Data Utilization, Recruit Co., Ltd. (2019-)
- Intellectual Property Practice Group
- International Dispute Resolution Practice Group
- Robotics Practice Group
- Healthcare Practice Group
- Fintech Practice Group
admitted in Japan, 2002; New York, 2008
Daini-Tokyo Bar Association
New York State Bar Association