Hiroyuki Tanaka's practice areas are data protection, IP, and IT. He has extensive experience for advising foreign clients about Japanese data protection law. He is also familiar with global data protection regulations including GDPR and CCPA, and he helps clients with global data compliance. He has extensive experience for various IP infringement disputes and technology disputes.
- Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property
- Disputes/Dispute Resolution
- International Practice
- Lawyers from Mori Hamada & Matsumoto were included in the 12th edition of The Best Lawyers™ in Japan
- 35 lawyers were selected as leading lawyers in asialaw Profiles "asia law Leading Lawyers 2021"
- High evaluation received from " Who′s Who Legal: Japan 2020"
- Firm News
- Eleven new partners and seven new counsels
- Public Service
- Hiroyuki Tanaka became the lecturer (Intellectual Property Law I) at Keio University (Department of Law)
- Firm News
- Twelve new partners and seven new of counsels
Hiroyuki Tanaka：Legal Topics
- Aug. 12, 2020External Seminars
- "The Data Security issue in IOT Devices"
- Jul. 24, 2018External Seminars
- "The 9th Seminar on Practical GDPR Compliance (the Impact of Consent Requirements under GDPR on Cookie, Advertising and Marketing)"
- Jan. 24, 2018External Seminars
- "The 6th Seminar on Practical GDPR Compliance (GDPR Guidelines regarding Consent and Transparency)"
- "Japan updates enforcement rules for amended APPI"
- Magazine Article
- "Handy Way to Learn Personal Information Protection Act Fundamentals, Including Revisions, in the Form of Dialogue - Part 11: Pseudonymized Information"
- Magazine Article
- "IP Case Bulletin: Copyright Infringement of Contemporary Artwork (Goldfish Telephone Box Case Appellate Court Decision) - Osaka High Court Decision of January 14, 2021"
- Keio University (LL.B., 2004)
- Keio University Law School (J.D., 2006)
- New York University School of Law (LL.M. in Competition, Innovation, and Information Law, Concentration in Intellectual Property Law, 2013)
- with Clayton Utz, Sydney, Australia (2013-2014)
- Lecturer (Intellectual Property Law I) at Keio University (Department of Law)(2018)
- Member of Japan Association of Industrial Property Law
- Member of Copyright Law Association of Japan
- Member of Information Network Law Association
- Member of Law and Computers Association of Japan
- Member of Association of Law and Information Systems
- Member of International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Lecturer (Intellectual Property Law I) at Keio University (Department of Law)（2018）
- Advisor to Japan DPO Association (2019-)
- Data Security Practice Group
- Intellectual Property Practice Group
- Litigation Practice Group
- International Dispute Resolution Practice Group
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications Practice Group
- China & Asia Practice Group
admitted in Japan, 2007; New York, 2014
Daini-Tokyo Bar Association
New York State Bar Association