Hiroyuki Tanaka's practice areas are data protection, IP, and IT. He has extensive experience for advising foreign clients about Japanese data protection law. He is also familiar with global data protection regulations including GDPR and CCPA, and he helps clients with global data compliance. He has extensive experience for various IP infringement disputes and technology disputes.
- Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property
- Disputes/Dispute Resolution
- International Practice
- Lawyers from Mori Hamada & Matsumoto were included in the 13th edition of The Best Lawyers in Japan™ and the inaugural Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Japan™
- Our lawyers were selected in asialaw 2022, the definitive guide to Asia's leading law firms and lawyers
- High evaluation received from "Who’s Who Legal: Japan 2021"
- Firm News
- Eleven new partners and seven new counsels
- Public Service
- Hiroyuki Tanaka became the lecturer (Intellectual Property Law I) at Keio University (Department of Law)
- Firm News
- Twelve new partners and seven new of counsels
Hiroyuki Tanaka：Legal Topics
- Sep. 9, 2021External Seminars
- "The Japan DPO Association's 7th Seminar of the Study Group "How to Be Compliant With Advertising and Ad Tech (Cookie-Related) Regulations - Focusing on the Regulation of Personal Related Information under the Amended Act on Protection of Personal Information""
- May 26, 2021External Seminars
- "Live Seminar Key Points of the Draft Guidelines for the Amended APPI"
- Apr. 15, 2021External Seminars
- "Cyber Law Round Table – Q&A (JAPAN)"
- Magazine Article
- "Handy Way to Learn Personal Information Protection Act Fundamentals, Including Revisions, in the Form of Dialogue - Part 22: Is the Bill to Revise the Telecommunications Business Act relevant to Personal Information Protection?"
- Book Article
- "How to Promote New "Working-Style Reforms" in Research and Development Divisions - Performance Appraisal, Personnel Training, Building Relationships of Trust, and Progress Management"
- Book Article
- "Basic Introduction to the Revised Act on the Protection of Personal Information - Learn All you Need to Know in 60 Minutes"
- Keio University (LL.B., 2004)
- Keio University Law School (J.D., 2006)
- New York University School of Law (LL.M. in Competition, Innovation, and Information Law, Concentration in Intellectual Property Law, 2013)
- with Clayton Utz, Sydney, Australia (2013-2014)
- Lecturer (Intellectual Property Law I) at Keio University (Department of Law)(2018)
- Member of Japan Association of Industrial Property Law
- Member of Copyright Law Association of Japan
- Member of Information Network Law Association
- Member of Law and Computers Association of Japan
- Member of Association of Law and Information Systems
- Member of AI and Law Society
- Member of International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Lecturer (Intellectual Property Law I) at Keio University (Department of Law)（2018）
- Advisor to Japan DPO Association (2019-)
- Data Security Practice Group
- IT Practice Group
- Intellectual Property Practice Group
- AI/IoT Practice Group
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications Practice Group
- Litigation Practice Group
- International Dispute Resolution Practice Group
- China & Asia Practice Group
admitted in Japan, 2007; New York, 2014
Daini-Tokyo Bar Association
New York State Bar Association