- +81-3-5223-7769 (Tokyo)
- +86-10-6590-9292 (Beijing)
- +81-3-5223-7669 (Tokyo)
- +86-10-6590-9290 (Beijing)
- Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property
- Disputes/Dispute Resolution
- International Practice
- Top Rankings Received from The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022
- High evaluation received from "Who’s Who Legal: Japan 2021"
- Top rankings received in “IP STARS 2021”
- Firm News
- Opening of Mori Hamada & Matsumoto Intellectual Property Co., Ltd.
- Public Service
- Yoshifumi Onodera became the member of Working Group on "Research and Study of Intellectual Property Value Evaluation in Foreign Countries" in the Project for International Comparative Research on Industrial Property Systems for FY 2017
- Public Service
- Yoshifumi Onodera became the member of the Intellectual Property Laws Advisory Group for "Legal and Judicial Development Assistance Project" in Myanmar, Japan International Cooperation Agency
- Sep. 9, 2020External Seminars
- "Global Developments in FRAND/SEP Litigation—China, EU, Japan and the US"
- Sep. 24, 2019External Seminars
- IBA Annual Conference 2019 "Battling ninjas, chefs and finding your perfect date shows: TV formats in East Asia and elsewhere"
- Sep. 10, 2018MHM Seminars
- ”Japan Investment Seminar ”
- Book Other
- "Six Major Laws on Chinese Economy (2022 Expanded Edition)"
- "The GDR Insight Handbook 2022 – Japan: Cybersecurity"
- "Chambers Global Practice Guides Cybersecurity 2021 - Japan Chapter"
Yoshifumi Onodera：Research Reports
Study on Systems for Utility Models and Simple Patents in ASEAN
Study on Systems for ISP Responsibilities for Online Distribution of Products that Infringe Intellectual Property Rights in ASEAN
Investigations of Intellectual Properties Risk in Emerging Countries (Thailand, Vietnam, and Indonesia) (May 2016)
Investigations by JETRO Beijing of Chinese Judicial Trends Related to Intellectual Property issues (August 2016)
Involved in Research Study on Dispute Resolution Between Parties Involved in Intellectual Property Infringements in China(March 2018)
Court Decisions and Cases on Intellectual Property Right Infringements in China for FY 2018, JETRO (March 2019)
Investigation Report on Trials and Proceedings Regarding Intellectual Property in Vietnam, JETRO (March 2019)
Court Decisions and Cases on Intellectual Property Right Infringements in China for FY 2019, JETRO (March 2020)
- The University of Tokyo (B.S., 1998)
- Joined Mori Sogo Law Offices (currently: Mori Hamada & Matsumoto) (2000)
- became partner of the firm (2008)
- Chief Representative of Beijing Office, Mori Hamada & Matsumoto (2014-2020)
- Executive Director and General Manager, Mori Hamada & Matsumoto Intellectual Property Co., Ltd. (2020-)
- Member of Intellectual Property Center Committee, Japan Federation of Bar Associations (International PT)
- Member of International Bar Association (IBA), Officer of the Intellectual Property and Entertainment Law Committee
- Member of AIPPI
- Advisor for Damage from Counterfeit Products, Japan Institute for Promoting Invention and Innovation
- Member of INTA
- Member of the Licensing Executives Society Japan
- Member of the Intellectual Property Laws Advisory Group for "Legal and Judicial Development Assistance Project" in Myanmar, Japan International Cooperation Agency
- Visiting Professor at Aoyama Gakuin University Law School (2007-2015)
- Member of Research Group on Intellectual Property Enforcement Strategies in Emerging Countries, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (2013-2014)
- IPR Expert Advisor, Tokyo Customs (2014-2019)
- Member of Working Group on "Research and Study of Intellectual Property Value Evaluation in Foreign Countries" in the Project for International Comparative Research on Industrial Property Systems for FY 2017, Japan Patent Office (2017)
admitted in Japan, 2000
Daini Tokyo Bar Association
American Bar Association