My primary practice areas are banking, structured finance, derivatives and other financing transactions, as well as financial regulations and compliance, both domestic and international. I am also active in the wider areas of private equity and crisis management. My particular focus is on Israel and Russia among my broad international practice areas.
- Regulatory/Regulated Transactions
- Thailand Practice
- Indonesia Practice
- India Practice
- Philippines Practice
- Vietnam Practice
- Malaysia Practice
- EU Practice
- Latin America Practice
- Russia/CIS Practice
- Singapore Practice
- Israel Practice
- Sri Lanka Practice
- Africa Practice
- Turkey/Middle East Practice
- Cambodia Practice
- Laos Practice
- Bangladesh Practice
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Lawyers from Mori Hamada & Matsumoto were included in the 12th edition of The Best Lawyers™ in Japan
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers Global 2021
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers Asia-Pacific 2021
Akira Ehira：Legal Topics
- Dec. 1, 2020External Seminars
- "Compliance Seminar for the Management (80th)"
- Feb. 14, 2020External Seminars
- "Compliance Seminar for the Management (79th)"
- Dec. 3, 2019External Seminars
- "Compliance Seminar for the Management (78th)"
- Book Article
- "M&A Legislation in Emerging Asian Countries - Third edition"
- "Cryptoassets Law"
- Magazine Article
- "Global Compliance of the Financial Institution"
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B., 1996)
- with The Long-Term Credit Bank of Japan, Ltd. (1996-1998)
- Columbia University School of Law (LL.M., 2007)
- with Allen & Overy LLP, London (2007-2008)
- with the Financial Services Agency (2012)
- Fintech Practice Group
- Structured Finance Practice Group
- Financial Regulations/Financial Law Study Group
- Venture Business/Equity Fund Practice Group
- China & Asia Practice Group
- Crisis Management Practice Group
admitted in Japan, 2002; New York, 2008
Tokyo Bar Association
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), 2013