Mr. Ehira has extensive experience in structured finance, derivatives and banking, and he leads MHM’s derivatives practice. He has expertise not only as a transactional lawyer but also in financial regulations and compliance, drawing on his experience as a financial inspector at the Financial Services Agency of Japan. He is also active in fintech, venture capital/startups, and private equity. His particular focus is on Israel among the regions covered by his international practice.
- Regulatory/Regulated Transactions
- Thailand Practice
- Indonesia Practice
- India Practice
- Philippines Practice
- Vietnam Practice
- Malaysia Practice
- Europe Practice
- Latin America Practice
- Russia/CIS Practice
- Singapore Practice
- Israel Practice
- Sri Lanka Practice
- Africa Practice
- Turkey/Middle East Practice
- Cambodia Practice
- Laos Practice
- Bangladesh Practice
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Crisis Management
- Top rankings received from IFLR1000 2023
- Fifteen of our lawyers selected as Japan’s Top 100 Lawyers 2023 in Asia Business Law Journal
- The Best Lawyers in Japan™ and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Japan™ (2024 edition)
- Jan. 26, 2024External Seminars
- "Understanding the Variation Margin (VM) CSA (Japanese Language)"
- Nov. 22, 2023External Seminars
- "Compliance Seminar for the Management (87th)"
- Oct. 20, 2023External Seminars
- "Compliance Seminar for the Management (86th)"
- "Cryptoassets Law (2nd ed.)"
- "M&A Rules in Emerging Asian Countries - Fourth edition"
- Book Article
- "M&A Rules in Emerging Asian Countries - Third edition"
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B., 1996)
- with The Long-Term Credit Bank of Japan, Ltd. (Currently, SBI Shinsei Bank, Limited) (1996-1998)
- Columbia University School of Law (LL.M., 2007)
- with Allen & Overy LLP, London (2007-2008)
- with the Financial Services Agency (2012)
- Fintech Practice Group
- Structured Finance Practice Group
- Financial Regulations/Financial Law Study Group
- Venture Business/Equity Fund Practice Group
- China & Asia Practice Group
- Crisis Management Practice Group
admitted in Japan, 2002; New York, 2008
Tokyo Bar Association
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), 2013